Sunday, July 1, 2012

Yelawolf Details Label Issues With Interscope: "These Motherfuckers Have Given Me One Single"



Yelawolf says he loves Shady Records, but the marriage with Interscope isn't quite as smooth.

Interscope Records has long faced criticism from numerous artists, and now Yelawolf can be added to the to the list. In a recent interview on Shade 45's "All Out Show," the Shady Records artist had some choice words for the house that Jimmy Iovine built.

"Radioactive, the last project I put out, was deliberately given to Interscope, and it was on a fuckin' silver platter, given to them to work. Radio records," explained Yela. "Purposefully, it was my attempt. These motherfuckers have given me one single in eleven months. I don't really understand where the importance is [laying]. And that's just me being real."


Catfish Billy continued, chalking the experience up as a lesson learned. "Every artist gets frustrated at some point, I imagine, but I've never been one to hold my tongue. That's just where I'm at. So I'm putting music out the way the fuck I want to put it out now. Making music exactly the way I want to do it."

Yelawolf was forthcoming about the fact that he made an attempt to be more accessible on Radioactive. "I fully compromised. But I let everyone know prior to doing Radioactive what I was doing. I was being honest with my fans. I was like, 'Yeah, I'm letting people in, we're gonna do something more melodic.' I mean, the album's called Radioactive - to be active on the Radio. It was a purposeful shot for me, because I felt like I had a fuckin' window to use. 'Oh, I can gain, I can pull more people in with this shit.' I don't know what the fuck they're doing up there."

Despite his issues with Interscope, Yelawolf revealed that he is pleased with his situation at Shady Records. "Shady's great, I love Shady Records. I just think there's some shit going on upstairs. I don't know what the fuck's going on. Back to 'Trunk Music.'"

Listen to the interview at xclusiveszone.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More